Additive Synthesis sketches
February 12, 2008
Create 10 sketches by combining sine waves. Control the sine waves over time to achieve timbral changes.
1. 30HZ rising in amplitude while 60HZ falls. (listen)
2. Same as 1, accompanied by 40Hz rising and 80 falling in amplitude. (listen)
3. Using 6 partials, at only odd-numbered (inharmonic?) frequencies. (listen)
4. Same, using even-numbered frequencies. (listen)
5. Using amplitudes that peak at concurrent times, we hear a range of frequencies, from 10 – 60, in 200ms. (listen)